All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a fitting epilogue to a life intimately linked to Washington, D.C., Pulitzer Prize winner Katharine Graham, the woman who transformed The Washington Post into a paper of record, left behind this lovingly collected anthology of writings about the city she knew and loved, a moving tribute to the nation's capital. To Russell Banks, it is a place where - one is in charge and one, therefore, can be held responsible for the mess.- To John Dos Passos, it is -essentially a town of lonely people.- Whatever your impressions of Washington, D.C., you will likely find them challenged here. Experience Christmas with the Roosevelts, as seen through the eyes of a White House housekeeper. Learn why David McCullough is happy to declare -I love Washington, - while The Washington Post's Sally Quinn wonders, -Why Do They Hate Washington?- Glimpse David Brinkley's depiction of the capital during World War II, then experience Henry Kissinger's thoughts on -Peace at Last, - post-Vietnam. Written by a who's who of journalists, historians, First Ladies, politicians, and more, these varied works offer a wonderful overview of Katharine Graham's beloved city.
- Author BiographyKatharine Graham served as the publisher of the Washington Post from 1969 to 1979, piloting the paper through the crises of the Pentagon Papers and Watergate, and as the president and chairman of the Washington Post Company for much longer. In 1998 she won a Pulitzer Prize for her best-selling autobiography, Personal History. She died at the age of eighty-four in July 2001. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Katharine Graham
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight739 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.