All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.38
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionSeveral hundred years in the future, a depopulated Earth has become a tolerant, progressive paradise. What could be better-or duller? Meanwhile, Mars is home to New Austin, a freewheeling human colony fabled to make Las Vegas look like a meditation retreat. After breaking the polite laws of Earth, earnest schoolteacher Jordan Kincaid finds himself forced to relocate. It's either life on Mars or life behind bars. But what promised to be Xanadu is more like Blade Runner...only with more waiting in line. Trend-chasing hipsters and obxious tourists have swarmed into New Austin at the expense of poverty-stricken locals, all overseen by a greedy megamogul bent on transforming the city into a gentrified nightmare. When a sexy but sinister heiress seduces Jordan, he finds himself on the wrong side of a literal real-estate rebellion, as the filthy rich and dirt poor battle for control of the next hot neighborhood. Forget about keeping it weird, someone's got to keep Mars from becoming a hell off Earth.
- Author BiographyNeal Pollack is an American satirist, novelist, short story writer, and journalist. Pollack has written nine previous books: The Neal Pollack Anthology of American Literature, Never Mind the Pollacks, Beneath the Axis of Evil, Alternadad, Stretch, Jewball, Downward-Facing Death, Open Your Heart, and Repeat. He's also a three-time Jeopardy! champion. Pollack lives in Austin, Texas, with his wife and son.
- Author(s)Neal Pollack
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication05/01/2016
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.