Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
About this product
- DescriptionElizabeth and her two brothers were the children of a lumber mill owner and his young wife living in southern America. Adventurous and fearless, as most young children are, Elizabeth got into the usual scrapes and was subject to all the rmal mishaps of childhood. As she grew older she found a love so strong and deep that she was willing to embark on a journey to the other side of the world and to live in a culture utterly foreign to her. Elizabeth and her husband, Suleiman, had three beautiful children but their idyllic family life in Libya came to an abrupt end with the military coup of 1969. This is Elizabeth's story, written by her daughter Laila. It is a touching and at times very sad story, which nevertheless is full of humour and spirit. In telling her Mother's story the author has also written a story about courage, loyalty, love and determination.
- Author BiographyLaila Suleiman Dahan was born in Tripoli, Libya to a Libyan Berber father and an American mother from Georgia. She studied at British and American schools in Libya before moving to Italy for two years. Her family then moved to Morocco, where she graduated from high school. She holds higher degrees in Languages, Politics, and Education. As a traveler most of her life, she appreciates the importance of understanding and accepting the many cultures we come into contact with. She is a writing instructor at a university in the Middle East, where she resides with her husband and two sons. The idea for this book was her mother's, Elizabeth Gillis Dahan. For most of her life, Laila heard her mother talking about 'her book' that she would write one day about all the adventures in her life. Unfortunately, she never got the time to write her book and Laila took on the challenge. This book is written to show the world that love and determination can keep people going no matter what the odds. It reveals that crossing cultures is something to be celebrated and that with open minds and hearts we can succeed no matter where life takes us.
- Author(s)Laila S. Dahan
- PublisherMelrose Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMelrose Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports., map
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.