All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Bible times to modern times women have struggled with their words: what to say and how to say it. What t to say. When it is best to remain silent. Or what to do when you've said something you wish you could w take back. Beyond just a How t to gossip study, Karen will teach what the Bible says about the many ways we are to use our words and the times when we are to remain silent. Using our speech to interact with friends, co-workers, family and strangers will be covered along with the many places we use our words such as in private, in public, online and in prayer. Even the words we say silently to ourselves. Unsolicited opinion-slinging, speaking the truth in love, t saying words just to people-please and dealing with our verbal anger are sub-topics that will also be addressed. Each session will feature a different character from the Bible, using them either as an example of someone to emulate or whose verbal actions we should avoid replicating. Sessions include: * Sparks, Squabbles, Spats, and Such: Our Words Matter (19:00) * On Filling Gaps and Zipping Lips: Listen to Others, Talk to God (18:00) * Opinion-Slinging and Salty Speech: Assessing Our Digital Tongues (22:00) * Gossip, Flattery, and People-Pleasing: How to Speak the Truth in Love (22:00) * Pause Before You Pounce: On Cultivating Soft Speech (23:00) * As Sweet as Honey: Wonderful Ways to Use Your Words (23:00) Designed for use with the Keep It Shut Study Guide 9780310819400 (sold separately).
- Author BiographyKaren Ehman is a Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker, a New York Times best-selling author, and a writer for Encouragement For Today, an online devotional that reaches over one million women daily. She has written seven nine books including KEEP IT SHUT: What to Say, How to Say It & When to Say Nothing at All and LET. IT. GO: How to Stop Running the Show & Start Walking in Faith. Married to her college sweetheart, Todd, and the mother of three, she enjoys antique hunting, cheering for the Detroit Tigers, and feeding the many teens who gather around her kitchen island for a taste of Mama Karen's cooking. Connect with her at www.karenehman.com.
- Author(s)Karen Ehman
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- FormatDVD video
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- Weight81 g
- Width136 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Running Time130
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.