Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionCareer derailment, found at all organizational levels in the workplace, is under-documented. Most books examining how careers go off track deal with abstract concepts and focus only on top executives. This book defines nearly 100 potentially career-ending pitfalls, illustrated with real-world examples, and offers specific advice to employees at all levels in business, nprofit, military, government and other organizations. Topics include the consequences of power and pleasing, the illusion of immunity, meeting behavior, corrective feedback, ineffective image, nverbal behavior, self-serving analysis and the perception of management as a science. Perspectives are provided on avoiding the indirect hazards of working with superiors or subordinates who may be on the path to derailment.
- Author BiographyDavid Noer is an honorary senior fellow at the Center for Creative Leadership and Professor Emeritus of Business Leadership at Elon University, USA. His previous publications cover a wide range of management articles, six books, numerous book chapters, and leadership research studies. He lives in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Author(s)David M. Noer
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.