All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the writings of Keith Bain, Michael Campbell has collated a step-by-step course for students and teachers on the principles and practice of Australia's great teacher of Movement. In simple language he lays out the secrets of self-kwledge that lie behind understanding the body and mind. 'Movement', says Bain, 'is both how we move and what moves us, Movement is the look in our eyes, the tensions and the tone in our muscles, our breathing, our thinking, our longings and fears. Movement has equal concern for the inner and outer aspects, with each clarifying the other.' Baz Luhrmann: 'He is one of the great mentors of my creative life.' Cate Blanchett: 'His teachings are the foundation of my technique.'
- Author BiographyKeith Bain created a comprehensive discipline in the study of movement for performance and beginning in the 1950s pioneered many dance and movement courses. He is best known for establishing, and for many years leading, the movement studies course at the National Institute of Dramatic Arts (NIDA). All the luminaries of Australian stage and screen from the 1960s through to the 1980s were trained by him and influenced by his belief in the infinite capacity of the human body to convey emotion and defy gravity. Michael Campbell, a principal dancer, writer, theatre director and for three years director of the Brisbane Writers Festival, is a former student of Bain at NIDA. Exclusive access to Keith Bain s archive has allowed him to capture the master s work for future generations.
- Author(s)Keith Bain
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width170 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMichael Campbell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.