All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican singer and TV personality Kelly Rowland rose to fame as one of the founding members of the American girl group Destiny's Child. She sold forty million albums and twenty million singles with the group, and more than four million solo albums and eighteen million solo singles. This biography details her childhood strife with an alcoholic - and then absent - father, life on the edge as a teenage R&B star in Destiny's Child, an ill-fated early solo career and finally finding success on her own, as well as taking centre stage as a judge on X-Factor. Kelly's rocky childhood growing up in Houston as the only black girl in her school. How her poverty-stricken family was torn apart and she and her mother fled their alcoholic father when she was seven, never to see him again. Details the highs and lows of being in Destiny's Child, the cat-fights, the accusations of favouritism, the hours of training and the lowdown on life in what would soon become, according to the 2005 World Music Awards, the world's best-selling girl group of all time. Kelly's struggle to shine while hiding in her band mate's Beyonce's shadow and her endurance of rumours that Mathew Kwles - whom she'd moved in with - was her father. An in depth look at Kelly's early solo career (including her first two albums), her collaborations and her acting career as both a singer in sitcoms and an actress in worldwide box office hit films. Kelly's split from Beyonce's father as manager and the reasons behind it, her change in musical style and her dramatic decision t to have Beyonce involved with her third album, unlike previous solo efforts to which her ex-band mate contributed. Recording her third solo album in a period of insecurity when she'd been without a record label for over a year and feared never getting a deal again. Kelly's success as a Number 1 selling artist and her time as a UK X-Factor judge as she becomes just as much a big name in the UK as she is in the USA.
- Author BiographyChloe Govan is an author, travel writer and music critic. Former contributing editor of Real Travel and regular contributor to numerous national newspapers and magazines, she has also written three other books for Omnibus Press this year - Rihanna: Rebel Flower, Katy Perry: A Life of Fireworks and Jessie J: Who's Laughing Now?
- Author(s)Chloe Gova
- PublisherOmnibus Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOmnibus Press
- Content Notecolour photos
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.