All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionHow can one reconcile the political nature of Jesus with his disinclination to power? Moore's argument comes in three stages. Part one answers the question 'Was Jesus Political?' by examining Jesus' words and actions that have political import. Part two addresses the issue 'How was Jesus Political?' It concentrates on Mark 10:32-45 as a real articulation of Jesus' political praxis that is consistent throughout Jesus' ministry and teaching. Part three, 'Why did Jesus t openly anunce his political role?' examines Jesus' treatment of the Jewish kings of the past, particularly why Jesus, 'meek and mild,' could claim to surpass them in hor. Moore argues that Jesus' disinclination to associate himself with other rulers is t a rejection of a political role. Rather, he lived so consistently with his political praxis of self-abnegation that these other rulers were t appropriate models for Jesus to follow. Furthermore, the very claim to such titles was antithetical to his political praxis which relinquished all aggrandizement to God, who alone could exalt, abase, judge, and rule.
- Author BiographyMark E. Moore, Ph.D. has been a professor of New Testament at Ozark Christian College since 1990. His college textbooks include: The Chronological Life of Christ (1997), Fanning the Flame: Probing the Issues in Acts (2003), Seeing God in HD: God's Word in Today's World (2008) and Commentary on Acts (2011, forthcoming).
- Author(s)Mark E. Moore
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleThe Library of New Testament Studies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.