Kensho: A Modern Awakening Instigating Change in an Era of Global Renewal by Susan Steinbrecher (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.23+ AU $1.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by bookhub-au
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an important book at an important time. Waking up to who we are within the world allows us to learn and master strategies that optimize health, and ultimately guide us to our destiny. As a physician and wellness coach, I find the philosophy of <em>Kensho</em> to be a vital tool both in my medical practice and my personal life. I believe in Susan Steinbrecher's work and endorse it completely. <strong>-Dr Jim Nicolai, Medical Director, Andrew Weil, MD Integrative Wellness Center at Miraval</strong></p><strong>Change yourself, change your world...</strong></p><strong>KENSHO: </strong><em>A Modern Awakening - Instigating Change in an Era of Global Renewal</em> is a new book by internationally acclaimed businesswoman and leadership consultant Susan Steinbrecher that marks the culmination of her fascinating investigative journey, bringing to light some of the remarkable people, organizations and companies in our midst who are positively impacting our world.</p> Susan set out to discover why so many people across the globe are going through a period of extreme flux. Her research uncovered many timeless truths: often the path to enlightenment comes through a crisis - when our lives are spinning out of control, we finally pay attention! Scholars and masters of Zen Buddhism have described the word Kensho as being the heart of Zen, and it literally means awakening to one's true nature. </p> Inspired by the archetypal message of <em>Kensho</em>, Susan shares what she has learned throughout her career as an executive coach and organizational consultant, that cynicism exists whenever a little dust on our eyes blocks our ability to awaken to what is truly possible within ourselves, hindering us from seeing past our problems and our fears with a brave and open heart.</p><strong>KENSHO: </strong> A Modern Awakening features an impressive collection of interviews from a diverse group of esteemed experts that openly share their stories and advice. <strong>Byron Katie, Marci Shimoff, James Van Praagh, Peggy McColl, Tim Sanders, David Houle, Judy Martin, Dr. John Hagelin, Tony Schwartz, Sarah Allen, Dr. Marsha Lucas, Mike Michalowicz</strong> and <strong>Leo Babauta</strong> are just a few of the experts and fascinating people featured who weigh in on a variety of subjects such as social change, culture and consciousness, business, personal development, and the power of one. </p><strong>At the heart of <br/><em>KENSHO</em> you'll discover: </strong><ul><li>a deep, intimate sense of where we are headed as a global society</li><li>why more and more people have become disenchanted with corporate life and long to do something that has meaning and value</li><li>why corporate social responsibility is coming to the forefront of our consciousness</li><li>when we create more balance in both our professional and personal lives we allow ourselves to focus on what's really important</li><li>how the work-place is being redefined through philanthropy, authentic leadership, social media and attention to the importance of wellness</li><li>ground-breaking research on the astonishing ability of the brain to change</li><li>how to break free of stagnant habits and bring awareness to how your thoughts shape your experiences</li><li>the age of imagination and invative ways to tap into the endless source of creativity</li><li>a host of tools, information and exercises that amplify the significance of awakening to one's true nature</li> Susan champions the message that, to become enlightened by the world around us is to ultimately discover oneself along the way. <em><strong>KENSHO: </strong> A Modern Awakening</em>, presents a multitude of tips, tools and interviews designed to help you step confidently into this new era with grace and understanding - ultimately inspiring you to live a more fulfilling, conscious life.</p>
- Author BiographySusan Steinbrecher, an internationally acclaimed businesswoman, executive coach, speaker and author, is CEO of Steinbrecher And Associates, Inc., a management consulting firm that provides professional-development services in the areas of executive coaching, group facilitation and leadership training. Steinbrecher is the co-founder of The Institute for Heart-Centered Leadership, which teaches the core principles and virtues of transformational leadership, characterized by care, concern, honesty and humility. She is co-author of: Heart-Centered Leadership: An Invitation to Lead from the Inside Out; Roadmap to Success; and Straight Talk from America's Top 10 Speakers and has been a featured expert on MSNBC Your Business, FOX and NBC TV, as well as numerous radio shows, Fortune Small Business magazine, Woman's Day and CNN.com.
- Author(s)Susan Steinbrecher
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.