Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.42
About this product
- DescriptionKensuke's Kingdom is a true children's classic by Michael Morpurgo, the creator of War Horse. I heard the wind above me in the sails. I remember thinking, this is silly, you haven't got your safety harness on, you haven't got your lifejacket on. You shouldn't be doing this ...I was in the cold of the sea before I could even open my mouth to scream. Washed up on an island in the Pacific, Michael struggles to survive on his own. With food and water, he curls up to die. When he wakes, there is a plate beside him of fish, of fruit, and a bowl of fresh water. He is t alone ...From the author of War Horse (w a major motion picture directed by Steven Spielberg) comes a stunning children's story - loved by kids, teachers and parents alike. Michael Morpurgo has written more than forty books and won the Whitbread Award, the Smarties Award, the Circle of Gold Award, the Children's Book Award and has been short-listed for the Carnegie Medal four times. Reviewed as 'A dazzling adventure' by The Times.
- Author BiographyMichael Morpurgo has written over one hundred books and won many awards. In 1976 Michael and his wife Clare started the charity Farms For City Children, which aims to relieve the poverty of experience of young children from inner city and urban areas. In 1999 they were awarded the MBE for their work in creating these farms and in 2006 Michael received an OBE. His novel War Horse has been adapted into a hugely successful and critically acclaimed West End play. Michael is a tireless champion for children's books and was formerly the Children's Laureate. Francois Place is a French author and illustrator specialising in children's literature. He wrote Les Dernier Geants (The Last Giants), a book which went on to win numerous awards. He has since won the Grand Prix de la foire de Bologne for l'Atlas des Geographes d'Orbae (The Atlas of the Geographers of Orbae) as well as winning a special award from Les Librairies Sorcieres. He lives in France.
- Author(s)Michael Morpurgo
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date06/03/2015
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight412 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Michael Foreman
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Interest AgeFrom 10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.