Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.59Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGorgeous new colour illustrations for the best-selling Kensuke's Kingdom. I heard the wind above me in the sails. I remember thinking, this is silly, you haven't got your safety harness on, you haven't got your lifejacket on. You shouldn't be doing this ...I was in the cold of the sea before I could even open my mouth to scream. Washed up on an island in the Pacific, Michael struggles to survive on his own. With food and water, he curls up to die. When he wakes, there is a plate beside him of fish, of fruit, and a bowl of fresh water. He is t alone ...
- Author BiographyFormer Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo needs no introduction. He is one of the most successful children's authors in the country, loved by children, teachers and parents alike. Michael has written more than forty books for children including the global hit War Horse, which was made into a Hollywood film by Steven Spielberg in 2011. Several of his other stories have been adapted for screen and stage, including My Friend Walter, Why the Whales Came and Kensuke's Kingdom. Michael has won the Whitbread Award, the Smarties Award, the Circle of Gold Award, the Children's Book Award and has been short-listed for the Carnegie Medal four times. He started the charity Farms for City Children in 1976 with his wife, Clare, aimed at relieving the poverty of experience many young children feel in inner city and urban areas. Michael is also a patron of over a dozen other charities. Living in Devon, listening to Mozart and working with children have provided Michael with the ideas and incentive to write his stories. He spends half his life mucking out sheds with the children, feeding sheep or milking cows; the other half he spends dreaming up and writing stories for children. For me, the greater part of writing is daydreaming, dreaming the dream of my story until it hatches out - the writing down of it I always find hard. But I love finishing it, then holding the book in my hand and sharing my dream with my readers. Michael received an OBE in December 2006 for his services to literature.
- Author(s)Michael Morpurgo
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Content NoteColour illustrations
- Weight287 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Michael Foreman
- Edition StatementColour ed
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $102.14
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.89
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.64
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.