All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese traditional stories and local legends have been handed down by storytellers for centuries. As folk tales reveal a lot about the people who invented them, this book provides a link to the ethics and way of life of generations of Kentish people. Herein you will find the intriguing tales of Brave Mary of Mill Hill, King Herla, the Pickpockets of Sturry, the Wantsum Wyrm and the Battle of Sandwich, to name but a few. These captivating stories, brought to life with a collection of unique illustrations, will be enjoyed by readers time and again. Tony Cooper has been a full-time storyteller for the past twenty-five years. He attends regular storytelling events, with a particular favourite being the Winter Tales Festival, 'a dark evening of storytelling and object theatre for adults' held in his hometown of Sandwich.
- Author BiographyTony Cooper had a varied career before becoming a full-time storyteller 25 years ago. Tony attends regular storytelling events, and has been interviewed as a fascinating local on BBC Radio Kent. He also holds events with The Theatre of the Small.
- Author(s)Tony Cooper
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/01/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight210 g
- Width120 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.