All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic architectural survey of West Kent has been used by students and travellers for more than forty years. Now fully revised and expanded to include the great variety of buildings added to the landscape during that time, this indispensable guide offers fresh perspectives on major landmarks such as Igtham Mote, Sissinghurst, and Hever Castle. Kent is home to an extraordinary amount of first-rate architecture, from the timber-framed houses of the Weald and the spacious cathedral of Rochester to the planned, modernist suburb of New Ash Green and the docks of Dungeness.
- Author BiographyJohn Newman first became involved in The Buildings of England as Nikolaus Pevsner's driver, in Berkshire and Hampshire, and as the co-author of Dorset. Besides the Kentish volumes, he has contributed Glamorgan and Gwent/Monmouthshire to the Buildings of Wales series, and is author of the revised Shropshire volume (2006).
- Author(s)John Newman
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/07/2012
- Series TitlePevsner Architectural Guides: Buildings of England
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note120 colour illustrations
- Weight798 g
- Width121 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.