Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.12Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionLooking at Kerala's demography, this book attempts to answer a range of questions regarding migration, unemployment, and ageing, including Could the Indian state of Kerala reap benefits from the demographic windows of opportunities? What are the emerging health threats? and Is Kerala able to provide pensions and social security for the growing number of elderly? Politicians, advisors, diplomats, and academics, as well as those interested in better understanding the current crisis, will benefit from this exploration.
- Author BiographyS. Irudaya Rajan is a chair professor of research unit on international migration at the Center for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, India, and the coordinator of the Kerala State Development Report prepared for the Planning Commission, Government of India. K. C. Zachariah is an honorary professor at the Center for Development Studies in Thiruvananthapuram, India. He is a former senior demographer at the World Bank, in Washington DC, a former United Nations expert on demography at the Cairo Demographic Center, and a former deputy director at the International Institute of Population Sciences in Mumbai.
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication15/01/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Weight839 g
- Width155 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byK C Zachariah,S Irudaya Rajan
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.