All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.66
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $129.71
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.59
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.85
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.74
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $88.77
About this product
- DescriptionAll his life, Jack Henley has felt at home in the woods - more at home than when he's actually at home with his parents. He loves watching the badgers play-fighting in the summer evenings, and pretending to be outlaws or cannibals with his two best friends. When Jack discovers that the woods hide an incredible secret - a beautiful, extraordinary, unicorn - he cant believe his eyes. He and the owner of the woods, the eccentric Mr Finistaire, embark on a journey to save the unicorn from extinction. But as they continue in secrecy, Jack begins to wonder whether Mr Finistaire is quite what he seems. Will the bond between Keras and Jack be eugh to withstand the danger that awaits them both?
- Author BiographySimon Rae is a poet and broadcaster. For many years he wrote topical poems for the Guardian newspaper and was also presenter of the popular Radio 4 programme, Poetry Please! He then branched out, writing the definitive biography of the great Victorian cricketer, W.G.Grace, followed by a number of plays, before turning to fiction. He published his first novel, Unplayable, in 2009. Keras is his first title from David Fickling Books.
- PrizesShortlisted for East Sussex Children's Book Award 2015 and East Sussex Children's Book Award 2014.
- Author(s)Simon Rae
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintYearling (imprint of Random House Children's Books)
- Weight255 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.