All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe perfect walking guide to the wilderness and beauty of Kerry. Discover the landscape and wildlife of Ireland's most beautiful county with walking enthusiast and expert naturalist Kevin Corcoran. These twenty walks explore heathland and bog, Ireland's highest mountains, coastal peninsulas, beaches, islands, forests, rivers, lakes. *20 walks, spread throughout the county * walks from 3 hours to 8 hours, graded from casual to tough * a special Killarney section * clear, detailed instructions * beautiful wildlife illustrations by the author * location maps, with each walk outlined * information on flora and fauna The walks: Lough Acoose, Bray Head, Lough Currane, Derrynane, Rossbeigh, Anascaul, Ballydavid, Great Blasket Island, Mount Eagle, The Magharees, Kenmare Uplands, Barraboy Ridge. Killarney walks: Muckross, The Paps, Mangerton, Torc Mountain, Kckreer, Old Kenmare Road, Crohane, Tomies Wood.
- Author BiographyKEVIN CORCORAN has an intimate knowledge and love of the Irish landscape. An environmental biologist, he has studied the West of Ireland both professionally and as a rambler, and lectures on Ecology and Environmental Studies. Operating a private nature reserve, he is tirelessly involved in the repair and creation of natural habitats, for both educational and preservation purposes. Conscious of the constant degradation of the natural environment, he is a keen supporter of the Irish Wildlife Federation and their efforts to purchase and preserve diminishing habitats. An ardent advocate of sustainable living with the natural environment, he presently lives as an Eco-dweller and rejects all forms of mass consumerism. Much of his free time is spent hill walking, sketching, writing and recording the demise of our natural environment. Kevin's books of walks are the result of extensive study of the areas and their natural habitats, flora and fauna, wildlife. As well as giving clear instructions and detailed maps, the books are beautifully illustrated by the author himself.
- Author(s)Kevin Corcoran
- PublisherO'Brien Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2016
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- First Published1992
- ImprintO'Brien Press Ltd
- Content Note20 maps, 60 black & white illustrations
- Weight179 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.