All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionChannel 4's Kevin McCloud shows us how to experience the highs - and the lows - of a grand tour through France, Italy, Greece and Turkey. Loosely following in the footsteps of the most torious grand tourists Kevin clambers in, on and amongst the greatest buildings, ruins and cities in Europe and also veers drastically off the official path to visit the brothels, bathhouses and drinking dens which formed the other half of the grand tourists' experiences. This accumulation of sights sounds and smells allows a sense of what it must have been like for a callow Briton to have come face to face with the heat and the ise, the drama and still living history of the civilisations of Europe. As always, Kevin, who speaks French and Italian fluently, is an entertaining and masterly companion as we delve behind the facades we all think we kw so well.
- Author BiographyStudied Art & Architecture at Cambridge, trained as a theatre designer, then set up his own design, lighting and manufacturing business. Today he concentrates on television work, journalism and product design. He is best known for his series Grand Designs and Grand Designs Abroad which have spawned a monthly magazine of the same name. He is a Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects, an ambassador for WWF and has a number of honorary degrees and is second on the leaderboard .04 seconds behind Jay Kay on Top Gear's Star in a Reasonably priced Car.
- Author(s)Kevin McCloud
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication22/07/2010
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), ports. (chiefly col.)
- Weight250 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.