All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionPhil Smith's second book of poems, Keweenaw Bay Songs represents a decade of living beside Lake Superior's Keweenaw Bay. From the west side of the bay, in a cabin on the Abbaye Peninsula, he looks out at the lake, a field, and his neighbors-some of them human, some plants, some animals. This work explores what it means to be rooted in place, to learn about the North Country, to understand what it all means. These are snapshots, snippets, little bits of life in the natural world-in them, you can feel the air, see the lake, find connections to a flower or a bird.
- Author BiographyPhil Smith is, in a nutshell, post-everything-he is SO after that. A professor at Eastern Michigan University, he's also the director of the Brehm Center for Special Education Scholarship and Research. He has studied creative writing at several universities, photographer, filmmaking, and education. Phil's work-academic and creative-has been published widely, since 1977. A poet, playwright, novelist, and visual and performance artist, his books include Pomes; Plaize; Hagiography, or the Electron; St. Croix: Walls, Windows, Doors, Light; and Ice and Snow, as well as several academic works. He is a disability rights activist, and served on the review boards for a number of journals. He rides his bicycle a lot, and tries to remember to wear his socks. A transplanted Yankee, Phil now lives in Michigan, where he makes maple syrup at Flamingo Farm, and spends as much time as he can beside Lake Superior, at a cabin on Keweenaw Bay.
- Author(s)Phil Smith
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.