All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis is essential reading for all primary science trainee and beginning teachers who want to strengthen their science subject kwledge. Each chapter tackles a major theme of the new national curriculum and breaks it down into key concepts. For each concept there is a detailed audit to help readers identify their current levels of kwledge and understanding along with areas for development. This is followed by concise definitions, key termilogy, detailed examples and 'in practice' ideas to clearly relate theory to classroom practice. Finally, readers are invited to re-check their understanding and assess their level of competence at the end of each section. The text enables teachers to feel secure in their subject kwledge and confident about effectively conveying that information to their pupils through appropriate subject-specific pedagogy.
- Author BiographyVivian Cooke is a senior lecturer in primary science education at the University of Worcester. She began her teaching career as a primary school teacher with responsibility for science, design and technology and ICT. She has worked in two other higher education institutions as a senior lecturer in science on postgraduate, undergraduate and Masters' courses as well as being course leader for early years, primary and the two-year PGCE. Colin Howard is a senior primary lecturer in Initial Teacher Education (ITE) at the University of Worcester. He has been involved in primary education for over 24 years of which 14 years has been as a successful head teacher in both small village and large primary school settings. He has been involved in inspecting schools for the Diocese of Hereford as a S48 SIAS Inspector. He has recently been awarded a Phd linked to his interest in the influence that school buildings have upon their stakeholders.
- Author(s)Colin Howard,Vivian Cooke
- PublisherCritical Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCritical Teaching
- Place of PublicationNorthwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCritical Publishing Ltd
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations
- Weight271 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.