All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionAn accessible and different guide for students and practitioners alike... I'm sure that it will become a standard reference text for sports management - Peter Taylor, Sport Industry Research Centre, Sheffield Hallam University A must have introductory reference guide for graduate and undergraduate sport management students - Paul M. Pedersen, Indiana University Provides students, practitioners and researchers in the field of sport management with a valuable compilation of sensitizing concepts, definitions and interesting references - Michel van Slobbe, European Sport Management Quarterly Sharp, clear and relevant this book meets the needs of those studying and researching within the growing discipline of sport management. The intelligently cross-referenced entries provide a concise overview of the key concepts in the field guiding you through the important debates, sources and research methods in the management and delivery of sport. The book introduces readers to the concepts at the centre of their studies; it suggests relevant further reading and thoughts for future research and applies academic theory to business and organizational problems in a real-world context. Written for students, academics and practitioners the entries are designed to meet study needs and include: Clear definitionsComprehensive examplesPractical applicationsEffective research methods.
- Author BiographyMilena M. Parent, Ph.D. obtained her doctorate from the University of Alberta. Currently an Associate Professor in the School of Human Kinetics at the University of Ottawa (Ottawa, Canada) and at the Norwegian School of Sport Sciences (Oslo, Norway), she is also a lecturer in the MEMOS (Executive Masters in Sport Organizations Management) program. A Research Fellow of the North American Society for Sport Management, she also sits on the Canadian Sport Policy 2012's Policy Implementation and Monitoring Work Group, and is a former Early Researcher Award holder from the Government of Ontario. Her expertise is in organization theory and strategic management of sports events, particularly in terms of governance, network and stakeholder management. Her research has been supported by numerous organizations, including the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) and the International Olympic Committee, and she has consulted for a number of organizations, such as the Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages and the Aquatic Federation of Canada. She teaches in English and French at the undergraduate and graduate levels and has published 6 books (e.g., The Routledge Handbook of Sports Event Management, with Jean-Loup Chappelet, 2015, Routledge; Managing Major Sports Events: Theory and Practice, with Sharon Smith-Swan, 2013, Routledge; and Key Concepts in Sport Management, with Terri Byers and Trevor Slack, 2012, SAGE), 18 book chapters, and over 35 peer-reviewed articles in journals such as the European Sport Management Quarterly, Journal of Sport Management, Sport Management Review, Journal of Business Ethics, Corporate Reputation Review, and Event Management. Finally, she sits on the editorial boards of the Journal of Sport Management and Sport Management Review.
- Author(s)Milena M. Parent,Terri Byers,Trevor Slack
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication16/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleSage Key Concepts Series
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.