All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Ward and Eden have produced a useful and elegant text which deserves a place on the reading list of any education degree. I certainly hope that its readership goes beyond the most obvious target audience, as anyone involved in education would do well to read and enjoy this text' - ESCalate 'Education Policy is increasingly complex and opaque - this timely book brings clarity and reason to bear and is an ideal starting point for students and teachers struggling to understand the political world in which they work' - Professor Stephen J Ball, Institute of Education, University of London What effect has two decades of intensive state direction and government involvement had on education? Designed for Education Studies students who have probably grown up in this context of government intervention, this book deconstructs accepted tions and provides readers with the resources to discuss critically the role of the governments in education and schooling. The book examines government policy in a series of key areas, such as the curriculum, market forces, educational inequality and race issues. Throughout it considers the political and ecomic factors in education policy, introducing some of the fundamental concepts required to analyse the ideologies of education and the state. The authors explore the role of education policy in the context of the general direction of government policy, politics and the ecomy, making links with other policy areas such as health, social services, home affairs and foreign policy. They also explain the nature of government policy in terms of a globalization and the kwledge ecomy.
- Author BiographyStephen Ward is Head of Education and Childhood Studies at Bath Spa University.
- Author(s)Christine E. Eden,Stephen Ward
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication25/06/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEducation Studies: Key Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight363 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.