Key Times for Play: The First Three Years by Julia Manning-Morton, Maggie Thorp (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are three reasons why this book deserves to be taken seriously. The first is because it concerns 'play', and this is a challenging and multi-faceted subject. The second reason is because it examines play during the first three years of life, which is a crucial period for the developing child in many aspects (i.e. physical, emotional, cognitive, etc.). The third reason is the book's virtues, the most important of which are the clarity of thought displayed by its authors, the systematic descriptions of play contexts and play between children and adults, and the accessible style in which it is written. International Journal of Early Years Education Key Times for Play takes a broad look at the importance of play for children from birth to three and sets play within the framework of a child's whole development. The book combines theory and practice and is illustrated by many examples from direct observation of children. Key Times for Play is organised in relation to key characteristics of children from birth to three, each of which are looked at in relation to how very young children play. The implications of this for how adults interact with young children and how they provide, support and develop play experiences is a major focus. A key theme of the book is the emphasis on a holistic approach to young children's play. Play is therefore looked at in relation to all aspects of the child's day and the separation of play and work and care and education is challenged. Key Times for Play is suitable for the student undertaking a level three qualification, but wishing to continue onto a degree course. It is a challenging text for these levels, but because it keeps a practical approach, it remains accessible to the reader.
- Author BiographyJulia Manning-Morton is a senior lecturer on the early childhood studies degree scheme at London Metropolitan University. Maggie Thorp has extensive experience of working with children from birth to three and managing community and local authority nurseries.
- Author(s)Julia Manning-Morton,Maggie Thorp
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Education OUP
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight570 g
- Width53 mm
- Height85 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.