All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKeyboard Skills for Music Educators: Score Reading is the first textbook equip future educators with the ability to play from an open score at the keyboard. Score reading can be a daunting prospect for even the most accomplished pianist, but it is a skill required of all choral and instrumental music instructors. Although most music education curricula include requirements to achieve a certain level of proficiency in open score reading, standard textbooks contain very little material devoted to developing this skill. This textbook provides a gradual and graded approach, progressing from two-part reading to four or more parts in a variety of clefs. Each chapter focuses on one grouping of voices and provides many musical examples from a broad sampling of choral and instrumental repertoire ranging from Renaissance to contemporary works.
- Author BiographyShellie Gregorich is Associate Professor of Music Theory and Piano and currently serves as Department Chair at Mansfield University of Pennsylvania. Benjamin Moritz is an active performer and directs the Honors Program at Metropolitan State College of Denver.
- Author(s)Benjamin Moritz,Shellie Gregorich
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note371 black & white line drawings
- Weight793 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.