All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis beautiful and authoritative book brings together a number of exceptional works of art whose audacity disrupted the course of art history at the beginning of the 20th century. Major artists including Monet, Mondrian, Malevich, Rothko, Bonnard, Picasso, Munch, Giacometti, Bacon, Leger, Picabia, Matisse, Kupka, and Kandinsky are each represented by a key piece from their oeuvre. The text comprises 20 essays on the individual artists by a team of internationally rewned experts. Additional essays grapple with important questions and current debates within the art world, such as which artists are w making art history, and what gives a work lasting iconic status. The book focuses on well-kwn, landmark works that are models of the passionate creation of art as well as staples of scholarship on art history.
- Author BiographySuzanne Page is artistic director and Beatrice Parent is curator, both at the Fondation Louis Vuitton, Paris.
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationVanves
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note125 color illus.
- Weight1865 g
- Width254 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byBeatrice Parent,Suzanne Page
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.