All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionWith recent attention to issues such as youth social exclusion, poverty, school underachievement, school violence, gang activity, sexuality, and youth's interactions with media and the internet, youth studies has emerged as a significant interdisciplinary field. It has moved beyond its roots in subcultural studies to encompass a diverse array of disciplines, subfields, and theoretical orientations. Yet volume exists that systematically presents and puts into dialogue the field's areas of focus and approaches to research. As a unique blend of reference guide, conceptual dictionary, and critical assessment, Keywords in Youth Studies presents and historicizes the state of the field. It offers theoretically-informed analysis of key concepts, and points to possibilities for youth studies' reconstruction. Contributors include internationally-rewned field experts who trace the origins, movements, and uses and meanings of keywords such as resistance, youth violence, surveillance, and more. The blending of section essays with focused keywords offers beginning and advanced readers multiple points of entry into the text and connections across concepts. A must-read for graduate students, faculty, and researchers across a range of disciplines, this extraordinary new book promotes new interdisciplinary approaches to youth research and advocacy.
- Author BiographyNancy Lesko is Professor of Education and Maxine Greene Chair at Teachers College, Columbia University. Susan Talburt is Director and Associate Professor of Women's Studies at Georgia State University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white halftones
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byNancy Lesko,Susan Talburt
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.