All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionKi represents the life force behind the Japanese martial art of aikido. To aikidoists ki is the universal spirit present in all things, and it can also be compared to the Hebrew Ruach and the Greek Pneuma, meaning smoke, wind, or spirit. The book includes extensively illustrated step-by-step instructions of ki exercises and test techniques that will show readers: - The internal secrets of aikido and other martial arts - The relationship between mind, body, and spirit - A testable rationale for positive, creative living This new edition expands the original chapters on breathing and meditation with additional information on modern biofeedback and the science of breath. The Foreword is by the late George Simcox, Chief Instructor, Virginia Ki Society.
- Author BiographyC.M. Shifflett is the author of Ki in Aikido: A Sampler of Ki Exercises and other works on Aikido and martial arts. A student of the late George Simcox and other teachers of the Virginia Ki Society, she has studied Aikido for over 20 years. She lives in Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)C. M. Shifflett
- PublisherRound Earth Publishing
- Date of Publication13/04/2011
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationSewickley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRound Earth Publishing
- Out-of-print date06/12/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.