All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.33Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.31
About this product
- DescriptionKidnapped is a classic adventure vel about a teenage boy called David Balfour set in 18th century Scotland. At the start of the book David leaves his home in the countryside, following his father's death, to take a letter of introduction from his father to his uncle. He walks for 2 days before arriving at his uncle's huge but neglected house near Edinburgh. His uncle is a miserly, unpopular old man who does t make David feel at all welcome. He acts very suspiciously and David deduces that his uncle may be keeping his inheritance from him. When his uncle takes him down to the port to arrange a business deal, David gets bashed on the head and wakes up to find that his uncle has sold him to a ship's captain to be sold as a slave in America. David's life takes a turn for the better when the ship crashes into ather boat and sinks it and they have to rescue the only survivor, Alan Breck.
- Author BiographyBorn on November 13, 1850, in Edinburgh, Scotland, Robert Louis Stevenson traveled often, and his global wanderings lent themselves well to his brand of fiction. Stevenson developed a desire to write early in life, having no interest in the family business of lighthouse engineering. He was often abroad, usually for health reasons, and his journeys led to some of his early literary works. Publishing his first volume at the age of 28, Stevenson became a literary celebrity during his life when works such as Treasure Island, Kidnapped, and Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde were released to eager audiences. He died in Samoa in 1894.
- Author(s)Robert Louis Stevenson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.