Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe discovery that you have kidney failure is traumatic and can deeply affect your life and the lives of those close to you. The treatment is lifelong and often intrusive, frequently including a bewildering array of options, treatments and drugs. Getting the right information at the right time is vital, and this book aims to provide just that. This indispensable reference manual gives you, your family and friends the information you really need to kw about managing your renal condition. Written by two experienced medical authors, this practical handbook covers every aspect of living with kidney disease - from diagsis, drugs and treatment, to diet, relationships and sex. - Contains up-to-date, medically accurate information from experts - Discussion on different types of dialysis, so you can make an informed decision - Information about transplants: how the waiting list works and what to do if you are offered a kidney from a friend or relative - Tackles questions you may feel uneasy asking your doctor Summary of contents: What is kidney failure? Toxin 'clearance' Fluid balance Blood pressure Anaemia and Erythropoietin Renal Bone Disease Blood tests and other tests Dialysis- the basics Peritoneal dialysis Haemodialysis Transplantation Living dor transplantation The transplant operation and after Eating well Living with kidney failure Sexual problems and pregnancy End of life care Statistics and outcomes New developments and choice
- Author BiographyDr Andy Stein MD, FRCP, is Consultant Nephrologist and General Physician at the University Hospitals, Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, and co-author of Kidney Failure Explained, now in its fourth edition.
- PrizesCommended for British Medical Association Book of the Year 2011.
- Author(s)Andy Stein,Janet Wild
- PublisherClass Publishing
- Date of Publication31/05/2010
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClass Publishing
- Content Noteblack and white line drawings
- Weight495 g
- Width13 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.