All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn this four-book series, Regie Routman shares how she teaches poetry writing to children in grades K-4. Each book is written for a different grade level, so the strategies and the poems are perfectly tailored to the developmental levels and the particular delights of that age!Regie Routman combines a selection of free verse poems by first graders with her special strategies for using these poems as models to inspire your own first graders to write powerful poems. Her lessons show you just how to guide kids to write poems about the things they kw and care about: learning to skate, disliking asparagus, playing with a best friend, and more. She describes the way she invites children to study the model poem, beginning by asking kids, What do you tice? She also shares how she demonstrates the poetry-writing process to children, thinking aloud and drafting poems about her own life, before children write on their own. Includes 20 reproducible poems by first graders to share with kids. Perfect for classroom teachers and parents!
- Author(s)Regie Routman
- PublisherScholastic US
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic US
- Weight159 g
- Width184 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.