Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionSoren Kierkegaard (1813-1855) has been proposed as the 'father' of existentialism, as a forerunner of post-modernism and as the proponent of a purely humanistic religiosity. According to Julia Watkin all of these approaches suppress the reality of Kierkegaard as a Christian thinker, albeit one of a uniquely challenging cast who saw the need to treat Christianity as a personal existential adventure in which one is t afraid to risk oneself. In Kierkegaard, Watkin uses Danish critical sources to classify the legendary thinker as one of a radical Christian persuasion.Kierkegaard raised and addressed vital philosophical and ethical-religious questions about existence in a way that continues to be relevant across disciplines, generations, and cultures. This book distinctly and simply introduces Kierkegaard to new readers as a Christian religious thinker.
- Author BiographyDr. Julia Watkin is based at the Soren Kierkegaard Research Centre, Department of Philosophy, University of Tasmania.
- Author(s)Julia Watkin
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleOutstanding Christian Thinkers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight176 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.