All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionIn Kierkegaard's Romantic Legacy, Aop Gupta develops an original theory of the self based on Kierkegaard's writings. Gupta proceeds by historical exegesis and considers several important ways of thinking about self outside of the natural sciences. His study moves theories of the self from theology toward sociology, from a God-relationship to a social one, and illustrates how a loss in theological underpinnings partly contributes to the rise in the popularity of cultural relativism. By drawing on Kierkegaard's writings, Gupta develops a metaphysical account of the self that provides an alternative to the idea that there is such thing as human nature. Keywords: Kierkegaard; Philosophy; Theory of self; Metaphysics; Theology; Sociology.
- Author BiographyAnoop K. Gupta is an independent scholar and recent Ph.D graduate in philosophy from the University of Ottawa.
- Author(s)Anoop K. Gupta
- PublisherUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2005
- Series TitlePhilosophica
- Place of PublicationOttawa
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.