All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionWatch as elephants graze on open plains and giraffes crane their necks to the azure African sky. From wildlife spotting to lazy days on the beach, Footprintfocus Kilimanjaro & Northern Tanzania will help you make the most out of a trip to this exciting African nation. The jewel of Africa's east coast invites travellers to visit its incredible scenery and history - from the towering peak of Africa's tallest mountain Kilimanjaro to the birthplace of humanity in Ngorongoro Crater, this guide covers the top attractions while including eugh lesser-kwn sights to keep your hunger for adventure at bay. Featuring main attractions and little-kwn sights, this concise guide is ideal for both the intrepid explorer and the holidaymaker. * Up-to-date recommendations of great places to stay and eat. * Covers Dar es Salaam, the main entry point to Tanzania. * Highlights map of the region plus detailed street maps to important towns and cities. * Slim eugh to fit in your pocket. Concise and yet loaded with practical and detailed advice on visiting this unique African nation, the Footprintfocus guide to Kilimanjaro & Northern Tanzania will help you have the adventure of a lifetime without weighing you down.The content of Footprint Focus Kilimanjaro & Northern Tanzania guide has been taken directly from Footprint's Tanzania Handbook.
- Author BiographyOriginally from London, Lizzie has worked and lived in Africa for 14 years. Starting out on trips across the continent as a tour leader on overland trucks, she has sat with a gorilla, slept amongst elephants, fed a giraffe and swum with a hippo and is now something of an expert on border crossings and African beer. For Footprint she is author of South Africa, Namibia, Kenya and Tanzania; has written the only country guide to Nigeria and the first city guide to Johannesburg for Bradt; is author of the AA Spiral Guide to South Africa and Africa Overland, a glossy look at the overland route from Nairobi to Cape Town, is co-author of the DK Eyewitness to Kenya, and has contributed to Turkey and Egypt for Rough Guides. She has written various online African destination guides for leading websites in the UK and US including Frommers, British Airways and World Travel Guide.net. When not on the road, Lizzie lives in Cape Town. Michael Hodd is an economist who studied at Cambridge, the London School of Economics and Princeton and is now the Vice Chancellor of Baze University in Abuja. His Academic career was based in Australia and London but his research focus has been Africa where he has lived for several prolonged periods and for which his enthusiasm remains unabated.
- Author(s)Lizzie Williams,Michael Hodd
- PublisherFootprint Travel Guides
- Date of Publication29/06/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleFootprint Focus Guide
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFootprint Travel Guides
- Out-of-print date17/06/2016
- Content Notemaps
- Weight10 g
- Width110 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.