All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA riveting historical narrative of the heart-stopping events surrounding the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, and the first work of history from mega-bestselling author Bill O'ReillyThe anchor of The O'Reilly Factor recounts one of the most dramatic stories in American history--how one gunshot changed the country forever. In the spring of 1865, the bloody saga of America's Civil War finally comes to an end after a series of increasingly harrowing battles. President Abraham Lincoln's generous terms for Robert E. Lee's surrender are devised to fulfill Lincoln's dream of healing a divided nation, with the former Confederates allowed to reintegrate into American society. But one man and his band of murderous accomplices, perhaps reaching into the highest ranks of the U.S. government, are t appeased.In the midst of the patriotic celebrations in Washington D.C., John Wilkes Booth--charismatic ladies' man and impenitent racist--murders Abraham Lincoln at Ford's Theatre. A furious manhunt ensues and Booth immediately becomes the country's most wanted fugitive. Lafayette C. Baker, a smart but shifty New York detective and former Union spy, unravels the string of clues leading to Booth, while federal forces track his accomplices. The thrilling chase ends in a fiery shootout and a series of court-ordered executions--including that of the first woman ever executed by the U.S. government, Mary Surratt. Featuring some of history's most remarkable figures, vivid detail, and page-turning action, Killing Lincoln is history that reads like a thriller.
- Author BiographyBill O'Reilly is the anchor of The O'Reilly Factor, the highest-rated cable news show in the country. He is the author of the number-one bestsellers Killing Lincoln, Killing Kennedy, Killing Jesus, Killing Patton, Killing Reagan and Killing the Rising Sun.Martin Dugard is the New York Times bestselling author of several books of history. He and his wife live in Southern California with their three sons.
- Author(s)Bill O'Reilly
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight168 g
- Width130 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statement6 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time480
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.47
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.59
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.29
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $28.36
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $36.98
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $32.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.