CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.35
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionKilling Season is an outback drama set in the fictional outpost of Dingo Flat in Central Australia. The mysterious and shocking death of eight tribal Aborigines ignites a wildfire of racial conflict that shakes Australian society. Traditional Aboriginal culture clashes head-on with the Northern Territory justice system. The police investigation struggles to find the killer while media attention and political activism combine to create an explosive scenario.
- Author BiographyTed was born in Gisborne, New Zealand and studied law in Wellington and Christchurch. Travelling to Australia in the exciting days of the mining boom, he appeared in Courts in Western Australia and the Northern Territory, working in remote communities such as Halls Creek, Kununurra, Katherine, Nhulunbuy, Tennant Creek and Alice Springs. After narrowly surviving Cyclone Tracy, which brought his new house down Ted was blown down to Alice Springs where the practice of law put him in the sights of a deranged gunman in a near fatal case of mistaken identity. Ted was conducting a case inside the Supreme Court when he was shot through the chest by an unchallenged assailant. Undeterred, Ted continued legal practice in Central Australia for twelve more years, meeting many outback characters and collecting many amazing stories. His love of the striking landscape is clear in his vivid description of the bush. In 1987 he resettled at Mudgeeraba near Brisbane, where he continues to practice law. He has served on the Board of the Queensland Law Society and teaches scripture at two local schools. He has two children and three grandchildren. In 2011 he was honoured by the State of Kentucky U.S.A.when he was commissioned a Kentucky Colonel.
- Author(s)Ted Skuse
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.