All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionKilt Me! builds a mythic history of Kilts in New York City. Blending fact and fiction, advice, and fashion tips with humor and original illustrations, it suggests that kilts have been woven into the cultural fabric of a kilted New York that could have been, from the Roaring Twenties to the Punk Rock movement. The books follows the checkered history of kilts from the founding of the Angry Scotsman Pub in 1875, through the famous Broadway March (a kilted bar crawl), to the advent and design of the modern day kilt, and of course, the origins of smacking people in the face with a sock full of beef Jerky. Kilt Me! offers detailed advice on how a kilt can aid in flirting with women, a guide to the kind of wise-cracks kilts inspire, and the witty retorts and brilliant comebacks available to the wearer; along with a wealth of tips and how-to's when it comes to the actual nuts and bolts of making a fashion statement with the revolutionary act of taking off your pants. As we follow our narrator through the trials and tribulations of one-night stands all the way through marriage, we'll experience the ins and out of modern kilt wearing etiquette. With full color original illustrations from Donna Mehalko, this book is sure to please all kilt lovers.
- Author BiographyB.T.Goodwin is an author, designer, art director, and strategist in New York City. He was born in New Jersey, went to college in Indiana, traveled to Japan, and finally settled back in the NYC area where he founded a small design studio. When he is not writing or working he enjoys hiking, reading, running, craft beer, and spending time with his wife and two cats.
- Author(s)B T Goodwin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Donna Mehalko
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.