CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $97.74
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.62
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.50
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $14.72
- AU $21.05Trending at AU $28.97
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $24.72
About this product
- DescriptionIn all India is one so alone as I! Rudyard Kipling's Kim is the story of Kimball O'Hara, the orphaned son of an Irish soldier, who spends his childhood as a vagabond in Lahore. With an old Tibetan lama he travels through India, enthralled by the roaring whirl of the landscape and cities of richly colored bazaars and immense diversity of people. The vel is a masterpiece of careful organization and skillfully manipulated narrative techniques. By portraying Kim's utter devotion to the lama and his ability to share the life of the common people intimately and unself-consciously, Kipling creates a vision of harmony-and of India-that unites the secular and the spiritual, the life of action with that of contemplation.
- Author BiographyShort-story writer, novelist, and poet Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936), the first Englishman to receive the Nobel Prize for Literature, is the author of such popular works as The Jungle Book, Kim, and The Man Who Would Be King. Simon Vance has recorded over four hundred audiobooks and has earned over twenty AudioFile Earphones Awards, including for his narration of Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini. He is also the recipient of five coveted Audie Awards, including one for The King's Speech by Mark Logue and Peter Conradi, and he was named an AudioFile Best Voice of 2009.
- Author(s)Rudyard Kipling
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication22/02/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Simon Vance
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time630
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.