Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionA definitive symbol of Japan must be the traditional dress of the Kimo, best-kwn perhaps for its association with the dress of the Geisha, a subject brought to the fore this year by the recent film, Memoirs of a Geisha . This book is a beautiful collection of visual images of the Kimo and the traditional Japanese colours that adorn them. It is a must-have for design students, fashion designers and those who have a fascination with the vibrant Japanese culture.
- Author BiographyKatsumi Yumioka, an antique kimono collector, started his career as a freelance hair and make-up artist, during which he participated in high-profile fashion shows including Christian Dior's collection. He worked his way into the world of kimono styling while amassing an impressive antique kimono collection.
- PublisherPIE Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- LanguageEnglish & Japanese
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintPIE Books
- Content NoteFull-colour illustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width264 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.