All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.32
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.37
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $85.98
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $69.65
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.78
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionArticulate, finely structured, deftly paced and subversively original, Kinch is an intellectual white-knuckle ride. Set in a time which is w or any time, in a place which is England or anywhere, and against a backdrop of barbaric extremes of religio-political corruption, 14-year-old Kinch and his associates, Pigeon and Brownie, each try to salvage coherence and integrity from the moral chaos that surrounds them. Kinch is a fantasist, romantically obsessed with avenging the murder of his anarchist father; Pigeon is an insecure literate naif of unkwn parentage, and Brownie an itinerant actor and frustrated poet w in the pay of the religio-political hierarchy as an informer. Taking place in and around the walled cathedral city of Axton, the story charts the adventures of its three main characters over a seven-day period. As we follow them through their sub-universe of violence, farce and melodrama, our own ideas of cognition, motive and memory are teased apart to expose the redemptive epiphanies of the organic and material world. The form and distinctive appearance of the vel are resonant with the rhythms and cadences of painting and music, while the lyrical and darkly expressive text becomes in itself an agent for the very nature of perception.
- Author BiographyLaurie Evan Owen's childhood switched from a bombed-out Birmingham to a very rural Buckinghamshire. After grammar school and art school in Oxford, he studied painting at the Royal Academy and worked as an artist in London, before marrying, raising children, earning money as a house painter, writing, becoming a well-known community activist, retiring, divorcing and then moving to the Sussex coast.
- Author(s)Laurie Evan Owen
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.