All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKindness A Gentle Revolution Against the Causes of SufferingWhen faced with the injustice and suffering of the world, Noah Levine rebelled by getting angry even though his bitterness almost led to his self-destruction through drugs and violence. What changed? I discovered the greatest rebellion of all is an inner revolution fueled t by rage, says Levine, but by deep and pervading kindness. With Kind Awareness, Levine shares foundational Buddhist practices and personal insights from his own journey to help you cultivate your innate potential for wisdom and compassion. In these two intimate audio sessions, Levine invites you to discover: Mindfulness the Buddha s revolutionary practice for meeting reality with an open, n-judgmental heartKind awareness making generosity and compassion our first, instinctive response to any situationForgiveness and lovingkindness integrating these essential qualities into your meditation practice and everyday lifePrecise meditation instruction and expert guidance for beginners and experienced practitioners I once thought that meditation was for happy people trying to be happier, says Noah Levine. I w realize that it is also for those of us blessed with a sense of dissatisfaction for the status quo. With Kind Awareness, this exceptional teacher invites you discover how revolutionary it can be to meet an imperfect world with a sense of kindness so we can transform our passion into a meaningful force for good.Course objectives: Define the foundations of mindfulness as taught by the Buddha as a way to bring awareness to present time experience.Discuss how kindness gives us the appropriate response within pleasant, unpleasant and neutral experience.Discuss how everything is impermanent, how a life of running from pain is a dead end, and how the Buddha showed us a path of rebellion and revolution through kindness, compassion, and forgiveness.Utilize guided meditation practices that cultivate inner happiness through the inner revolution of finding ways of being at ease living a life of integrity and wisdom, based on awareness and kindness.
- Author BiographyNoah LevineNoah Levine is the author of Dharma Punx, Against the Stream, and The Heart of the Revolution. Trained by Jack Kornfield, he is the founding teacher of Against the Stream Buddhist Meditation Society, with over 20 affiliated groups around North America. Noah lives in Los Angeles. Visit againstthestream.org .
- Author(s)Noah Levine
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Weight68 g
- Width127 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Running Time120
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.54
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $45.20Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.40
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $46.12
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $33.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.