All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a pictorial appreciation of the boats and fishing communities of Scotland and North-East England from the 1950s to the present. Gloria Wilson's unique collection of photographs has never been published before. With information on boat design and construction, it includes some rarely seen naval architects' line plans. From attractive Scottish wooden-hulled craft to recent steel boats, and with many shore scenes including Mallaig herring port, Peterborough harbour reconstruction, fish auctions and fishermen net and boat-building, this book offers a glimpse into a bygone age. Finally, it considers the work being done to balance fish conservation with profitable fishing, a pressing issue for the fishing industry of the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyGloria Wilson has had a lifelong involvement with the sea and with fishing boats. Growing up in the Yorkshire fishing village of Staithes, she was Scotland correspondent for Fishing News from 1969-1982 and has written a number of books and articles on fishing craft, including An Eye on the Coast.
- Author(s)Gloria Wilson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.