Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionIn Kinetic Life, Melerick Mitchell guides you through the seven essential steps to unleashing your potential. Written as a parable, Kinetic Life leads you to a life that is bursting with passion, purpose and direction. Each chapter ushers you through the steps and actions required to conquer your own personal rollercoaster, and achieve your audacious goals and dreams. The Kinetic Life story has been written from both a mentee and mentor perspective to help everyone who has an interest in growing their own skills, and developing future leaders. Mentee - Those who are in search or pursuit of a specific goal or dream. Mel encourages you to engage the book by taking tes and completing the homework posted at the end of each chapter. By doing the homework along with the characters in the story, you will reap the benefits by creating a life plan to conquer your audacious goals and achieve your dreams. Mentors - Those who invest their time to develop the next generation of leaders. Mel believes we all have the power to change the world and it is our responsibility to do so. A proven method for implementing positive change is by mentoring. Good mentoring relationships have the ability to bless both the mentee and mentor. Mentors are encouraged to use Kinetic Life as a guide to help mentees achieve their goals in life. You are first introduced to Alexis, a struggling college graduate who is having difficulty discovering her place in the world. Her potential is unleashed when Will, a successful business executive, agrees to become her mentor. In this fast-paced story, Will takes Alexis on a systematic journey of self-discovery to align her passion, purpose and goals to conquer the rollercoaster ... called LIFE. Following this introduction, the book is divided into four parts. Each part offers specific questions and guidance to unleash your potential. Part I (Heart) - Focuses on raising your potential by utilizing the elements of your heart, which are passion, purpose, and audacity. You will follow along with Alexis, and create a foundational roadmap that is required to achieve audacious goals and dreams. Part II (Head) - Concentrates on accelerating potential by leveraging your focus and thoughts so that you can identify the kwledge, network and level of influence required to take action. Part III (Body) - Guides you to transition from your potential state to being Kinetic so that you can transition towards your desired reality. Part IV (Staying Kinetic) - Outlines how to maintain and leverage the momentum you have created. You will be equipped to overcome the challenges, roadblocks, and detours that you will encounter on the journey.
- Author BiographyMelerick Mel Mitchell believes we all have both the power and the obligation to influence the world for the better. Mel's Kinetic career focuses on helping companies, teams and individuals build powerful identities that will change the world. In 2009, Mel founded Drive Influence to serve current executives as well as their rising talent, teams, and organizations in a wide range of industries including start-ups, NGOs, governments, and corporations to accelerate performance through applying his Kinetic philosophies. Before launching Drive In uence, Mel worked for 10 years at Microsoft in roles that included system analyst, program manager, and ultimately transitioned into a talent development consultant, a unique shift for an engineer and analyst. Mel thrived in this role as he created the Microsoft IT Talent Development Program, which focused on developing the next generation of leaders. Mel then created, implemented and managed Microsoft IT's Accelerated Professional Experiences Program (APEX), a two-year global rotational program for new college hires. In addition to managing the APEX program, he led Microsoft IT's High Potential Program, which encompassed driving the selection process for identifying and guiding future leaders through the program's development processes and curriculum. Mel is passionate about serving his community by volunteering and has served on several non-pro t boards in Dallas, Seattle, Tucson, and Las Vegas. He served as the 2014 -2015 National Professionals Chair for the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) and he is a past officer for the Dallas Chapter of the Association of Talent Development, formerly ASTD. Mel has also developed and facilitated career readiness and leadership programs for organizations such as Technology Access Foundation in Seattle; Dream Jamaica in Kingston, Jamaica; Tuskegee University; Louisiana Tech University; and Ashesi University in Accra, Ghana. Mel holds a B.S. in Electrical Engineering Technology from Louisiana Tech University and an M.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. He has also attended executive educational courses taught at the University of Michigan, Ross School of Business, and the University of California, Los Angeles Anderson School of Management. Mel has also worked as an engineer for Bechtel and Raytheon.
- Author(s)Melerick H Mitchell
- PublisherDrive Influence LLC
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDrive Influence LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.