All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive textbook designed for graduate and advanced undergraduate students. Both authors rely on more than 20 years of teaching experience in rewned Physics Engineering courses to write this book addressing the students' needs. Kinetics and Spectroscopy of Low Temperature Plasmas derives in a full self-consistent way the electron kinetic theory used to describe low temperature plasmas created in the laboratory with an electrical discharge, and presents the main optical spectroscopic diagstics used to characterize such plasmas. The chapters with the theoretical contents make use of a deductive approach in which the electron kinetic theory applied to plasmas with basis on the electron Boltzmann equation is derived from the basic concepts of Statistical and Plasma Physics. On the other hand, the main optical spectroscopy diagstics used to characterize experimentally such plasmas are presented and justified from the point of view of the Atomic and Molecular Physics. Low temperature plasmas (LTP) are partially ionized gases with a broad use in many techlogical applications such as microelectronics, light sources, lasers, biology and medicine. LTPs lead to the production of atomic and molecular excited states, chemically reactive radicals, and activated surface sites, which are in the origin, among others, of the deposition of thin films, advanced natechlogy products, solar cells, highly efficient combustion motors, and treatment of cancer cells.
- Author BiographyDr. JORGE M. A. H. LOUREIRO received his PhD in Physics from the Instituto Superior Tecnico (IST), Lisbon, Portugal. He is currently Associate professor at IST, since 1994, where he accumulates 26 years of teaching experience on the following graduate and undergraduate courses: Electromagnetism and Optics; Classical Electrodynamics; Plasma Physics; Gas Discharges; Atomic and Molecular Physics of Plasmas. Dr. Jayr de Amorim Filho received his Bachelor in Electronic Engineering from the Engineering College, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil (1987), and went on to receive his MSc from the Aeronautics Technology Institute (ITA), in 1989, and a PhD in Physics from Universite Paris XI, Orsay, France (1994), where he spent an additional year conducting his postdoctoral research. He is now full professor at ITA, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil. His current research focus on Plasma Physics, Electric Discharges, and RF and microwave applied to biomass processing.
- Author(s)Jayr de Amorim Filho,Jorge Manuel Amaro Henriques Loureiro
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication23/06/2016
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Physics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 142 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight859 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.