All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $18.00Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the next searingly tragic play in a century-spanning project by 'America's greatest living playwright'. King Hedley II is the eighth work in August Wilson's 10-play cycle chronicling, decade by decade, the history of the African American experience in the twentieth century. This one is set in the 1980s and tells the story of an ex-con in post-Reagan Pittsburgh trying to rebuild his life. Many critics have hailed the work as a haunting and challenging tragedy of Shakespearean proportions. King Hedley II was premiered on Broadway in 2005.
- Author BiographyAugust Wilson's best-known plays are Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, Jitney (both seen at the National Theatre, where Jitney won the Olivier Award for Best Play), Joe Turner's Come and Gone, The Piano Lesson and Two Trains Running (all seen at the Tricycle Theatre). He has twice won the Pulitzer Prize. He lives in Seattle, Washington.
- Author(s)August Wilson
- PublisherTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/11/2005
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Weight177 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.