Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionWhile everyone kws the story of King Arthur, few will have heard of King Lucius, a figure who has been consigned to myth and largely forgotten in the annals of British history. Examining the primary sources as well as the archaeological evidence for this second century king, David Knight convincingly refutes the generally accepted view expounded at the beginning of the twentieth century that identifies Lucius as King Abgarus of Edessa. He reconstructs the story of this fascinating figure, who applied to the Pope for formal baptism in AD 177, making him the first Christian King in Britain, and traces the history of the story of Lucius, separating the myth from reality and attempting to restore this King to his rightful place in British history.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Knight has worked in British archaeology for 25 years. He is currently finishing a PhD at the University of Southampton. This is his first book.He lives in Southampton.
- Author(s)David J. Knight
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white tables, maps
- Weight510 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.