All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionNot all the water in the rough rude sea/Can wash the balm off from an ainted king, declares the soon-to-be deposed ruler of this historical drama. Confident in his divine right, Richard II is an ineffective and unpopular king who abuses his power and sows the seeds of his own downfall. Toppled from the throne by Henry, his ambitious cousin, Richard only learns to value kingship after he loses it, achieving a tragic dignity only with his downfall. The first play in Shakespeare's Henriad series - followed by Henry IV, Parts I and II, and Henry V - Richard II portrays intense psychological struggles as well as a taut political drama. The only one of Shakespeare's plays written entirely in verse, it offers a grand, lyrical allegory and a poignant exploration of charact
- Author BiographyHe was not of an age, but for all time, declared Ben Jonson of his contemporary William Shakespeare (1564-1616). Jonson's praise is especially prescient, since at the turn of the 17th century Shakespeare was but one of many popular London playwrights and none of his dramas were printed in his lifetime. The reason so many of his works survive is because two of his actor friends, with the assistance of Jonson, assembled and published the First Folio edition of 1623.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication26/06/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleDover Thrift Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight45 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.