All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.12Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
About this product
- Description<p>December, 1801. The Peace of Amiens ends the long war with Napoleon Bonaparte's France, but Captain Alan Lewrie, Royal Navy, is appalled by its consequences. What is a dashing and successful frigate captain to do with himself ashore on half-pay? And where will Lewrie twiddle his thumbs until the war begins again, as he's sure it will? Rejoin his wife and in-laws who (mostly) despise him like the Devil hates Holy Water, on his rented farm in Surrey? Peace and domesticity are hellish hard on the rakehells!<br> Yet by the spring of 1802, Lewrie and his Caroline have somewhat reconciled and are off to make a go of a second honeymoon--in Paris, France, of all places! There, Lewrie finds himself rubbing shoulders with soldiers, spies, and even First Consul Napoleon Bonaparte himself. When Lewrie can't help spurring Napoleon into a kick-furniture rage, he and Caroline must flee for their lives.<br> When war breaks out again in May of 1803, Lewrie has fresh orders, a new frigate, and a chance to punish and pursue the French, but it's longer for duty or king and country--w it's personal!
- Author BiographyDEWEY LAMBDIN is the author of fifteen previous Alan Lewrie novels. A member of the U.S. Naval Institute and a Friend of the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, England, he spends his free time working and sailing (he's been a sailor since 1976). He makes his home in Nashville, Tennessee, but would much prefer Margaritaville or Murrells Inlet. <p>
- Author(s)Dewey Lambdin
- PublisherSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Date of Publication04/01/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.