All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $47.96Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionActive Readers is a phonic-based reading scheme for 4-8 year olds. There will be twenty titles in total, with the last seven publishing in January '05. The phonic-based system is the most commonly used system in schools today. The system uses the phonic alphabet, to teach children simple letter sounds that they can build up confidently until they can read whole words. Active Readers incorporate fictional stories with key phonic sounds repeated over and over again to reinforce learning, whilst simple activities draw on the story to test children's reading, writing, comprehension and composition skills. Each title is beautifully illustrated by a different artist to engage children's imaginations and to appeal to the different age ranges.
- Author BiographyClive worked for many years as Senior Editor at Usborne Publishing, before branching out as an author. He has written educational titles for publishers such as Hodder, Kingfisher and DK, plus the popular Ladybird phonics series.
- Author(s)Clive Gifford
- PublisherLetts Educational
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleActive Readers Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLetts Educational
- Out-of-print date19/02/2008
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight75 g
- Width196 mm
- Height196 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest Age5-6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.