All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Hellenistic courts and monarchies have in recent years become one of the most intensively studied areas of ancient history. Among the most influential pioneers in this process has been the American historian Elizabeth Carney. The present book collects for the first time in a single volume her most influential articles. Previously published in a range of learned journals, the articles are here re-edited, each with a substantive Afterword by the author bringing the discussion up to date and adding new bibliography. The main themes of this volume include Macedonian monarchy in practice and as an image; the role of conspiracies and violence at court; royal women; aspects of court life and institutions.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Carney is Professor of Ancient History and a Carol K. Brown Endowed Scholar in Humanities at Clemson University. She is the author of Women in Monarchy in Ancient Macedonia (2000), Olympias: Mother of Alexander the Great (2006), and Arsinoe of Egypt and Macedon: A Royal Life (2013).
- Author(s)Elizabeth Carney
- PublisherClassical Press of Wales
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationSwansea
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClassical Press of Wales
- Weight721 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.