Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionIn King of Media bestselling author Jerome Tuccille tells for the first time the extraordinary story of the visionary yet tenacious man who revolutionized the entertainment industry. After starting out in the mailroom at the William Morris Agency in the 1960s, Diller joined ABC Television where his swift rise through the ranks earned him almost immediate recognition and chairmanship of Paramount Pictures. There he oversaw such film classics as Saturday Night Fever, Grease, and Raiders of the Lost Ark, as well as the TV shows Laverne & Shirley and Taxi. However, Diller made his most indelible mark on the industry when in 1987 he formed FOX TV, which went head to head with the existing networks by programming invative series such as The Simpsons, Married...With Children, and In Living Color. Since then Diller has continued to grab headlines, most tably with his acquisition of QVC, his volatile and failed battle to buy Paramount Pictures, and later his marriage to fashion designer Diane von Furstenburg. Among the dozens of celebrities and media tycoons we meet along the way are Calvin Klein, Andy Warhol, John Travolta, Warren Beatty, David Geffen, Rupert Murdoch, Robin Williams, Dustin Hoffman, Ted Turner, Robert Evans, and Joan Rivers.
- Author BiographyJerome Tuccille is the author of more than twenty-six books, including the biographies Gallo Be Thy Name, Alan Shrugged: Alan Greenspan, the World's Most Powerful Banker, Rupert Murdoch, and Trump. Tuccille is a vice president of T. Row Price Investment Services, and as taught at the New School of Social Research in New York City.
- Author(s)Jerome Tuccille
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.