All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionUnder the veil of one of the oldest and most tragic myths kwn to humankind, a king is born. Magnus King, the son of a well-born English woman, continues his family's aristocratic legacy on the frontier of the American West until the night a deadly shooting changes everything. Young Earl Ransom, a man found long ago on the Cheyenne prairie with memory of his past or of how his destiny is linked to that of Magnus King, finds his way through a tale as old and tragic as the Greek myth of Oedipus. King of Spades is the final volume of Frederick Manfred's acclaimed five-volume series, The Buckskin Man Tales. For this Bison Books Classic edition, Joel Johnson provides a new introduction.
- Author BiographyFrederick Manfred (1912-94) is the author of twenty-four novels, including the five-volume series The Buckskin Man Tales, which includes Lord Grizzly (finalist for the 1954 National Book Award), Riders of Judgment, Conquering Horse, and Scarlet Plume, all available in Bison Books editions. Joel Johnson is an associate professor in the Department of Government and International Affairs at Augustana College.
- Author(s)Frederick Manfred
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Introduction byJoel Johnson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.